Rugged Product Development
Secure Communication Systems (Secure) has the experience and expertise to take a product from a concept through production to ongoing product support. Throughout the design process, from the initial system requirements review to the delivery of production units, our development team works hand in hand with each customer to tailor a solution that is rugged, reliable, and cost effective to manufacture. We apply this approach to both the military and commercial market places.
In many cases, we will partner with our customers prior to the proposal process, to competitively bid a solution or program. Our engineering staff is able to modify an existing design to meet specific interface, Information Assurance (IA) requirements or to upgrade a system with the latest COTS technology. With all of our customers, we strive to minimize costs and deliver products that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Secure has designed rugged products for harsh environments and applications, including airborne cockpits, naval submarines, desert-deployed vehicles, locomotives, and wearable ground applications. Secure’s foremost expertise is in thermal management and sealed designs, cooled only by natural convection.
We provide all our customers with an Integrated Project Team with expertise in program management, design and test engineering, manufacturing and test.
Our capabilities include:
- Design-to-customer requirements
- Integration of COTS subassemblies for rapid development providing cost-effective, competitive solutions
- Design with end-user application in mind, often incorporating human machine interface and integration of software into hardware design
- Thermal, mechanical stress, electromagnetic, and case modeling
- Cost and Serviceability optimization
- Design of systems to meet MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-901, MIL-STD-1275, IP-67 and other harsh environmental requirements as required
- Lean manufacturing utilizing an international supplier base
- Extensive in-house testing and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) capability
- Lifecycle Management of EOL components
- Depot level support
- Innovative Upgrade paths
- Design Verification, Qualification testing and reporting