Air Warrior EDM Tablet PC
The EDM is powered by a 1.6 GHz Intel® Atom™ processor and 2GB of RAM for increased performance with reduced heat and power requirements.
A 6.4” LCD with a LED backlight and integrated resistive touchscreen offer a crisp display and use of the touchscreen with a gloved hand. This transflective display is 640 x 480 pixels and is daylight readable and dimmable to less than 1.5 nits for night vision compatibility.
The EDM has 64GB Solid State Drive (SSD) that features a proprietary encryption chip that encrypts files in real-time for unparalleled data security. The unit can be zeroized at the press of a button even when the battery has been depleted, making the data inaccessible. The unit also has a commercial USB 2.0 connector, while power and Ethernet connections are provided via the rugged mil circular connector. The EDM receives situational GPS information from the GPS Message Router.
The EDM is constructed using a two-piece aluminum alloy chassis for heightened rigidity. The optional tri-fold and straps complete the kneeboard configuration. The unit is designed to meet the most rugged environmental requirements of Army helicopter airborne scenarios and is ideal for any extreme kneeboard computer applications.
EDM Plays Integral Role in PEO Soldier Air Warrior Program
Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier was created by the Army with one primary purpose: to develop the best equipment and field it as quickly as possible so that our Soldiers remain second to none in missions that span the full spectrum of military operations. The video below describes more of how the Air Warrior program is providing soldiers with the best modern equipment in the world.
The Air Warrior EDM Tablet PC is an integral part of the PEO Soldier Air Warrior Program. Providing an vital link between the solider and his surroundings through GPS moving map capabilities, the Air Warrior gives each soldier hightened awareness and immediate responses in mission critical scenarios.
Secure’s primary advantage is our ability to rapidly and inexpensively modify our existing products to incorporate your custom requirements. Variations in packaging, human interface, and I/O are performed to meet specific program needs. If you require any sort of modification, reach out to us with your specific needs and we will work with you to create your ideal solution.
- DIMENSIONS5” X 9” X 2” without Straps and Attachment tri-fold
- WEIGHT< 2.4 lbs.
- MATERIAL / COLORAluminum Alloy / Olive Drab
- TYPE1.6GHz Intel® Atom™ Processor
- RAMUp to 2GB DDR2
- VIDEOUp to 128 MB (Shared) VRAM
- FLAT PANEL6.4” AMLCD with LED backlight
- TYPETransflective with touchscreen display
- BRIGHTNESS450 nits and dimmable to less than 1.5 nits
- RESOLUTION / COLOR RANGE640 x 480, 262K colors
- OPERATING SYSTEMWindows® based open software system architecture
- TYPESolid State Drive
- SIZEUp to 64 GB
- ENCRYPTION256 bit Triple DES Encryption of all data, Ability to instantly “Zeroize”
- FEATURESResistive Touch Screen; Software keyboard
- VOLTAGE+15 VDC
- FEATURESDual 1.5” leg straps; Leather pockets / pouches; Clipboard
- TEMPERATURE-20°C to + 60°C (operating); -40°C to +70°C (non-operating)
- VIBRATION2 GRMS 20-500Hz, 3 axes
- HUMIDITY95% non-condensing
- ALTITUDE40,000 ft (operating)
- SHOCK15G 11ms, ½ sine wave, 3 axes (operating); 30G 6ms, ½ sine wave, 3 axes (non-operating)
- SANDWith tri-fold attachment closed and screen protected